Financial matters, grants and practicalities
Costs of the EuroScholars Program
The information provided, applies to all European host institutions.
Costs of the Program
The cost of the EuroScholars Program is € 9.975 (Spring and Fall 2020 ) per semester, and includes tuition, bench fee and the rent of basic student accommodation for the duration of the research period (one semester).
Please note that ISA will request for an additional administrative fee of USD 500 on top of the EuroScholars Program Fee.
The EuroScholars Program fee also includes:
- the EuroScholars MidStay program
- a local orientation program
- student ID-card, use of student facilities at the university (such as access to internet and access to libraries), and research facilities.
Not included in the fee:
- are costs that vary per university and are related to the administrative processes such as residence permit applications and housing deposit. Applying students can enquire with the host university what the estimated amounts of these costs are.
- international and local transportation costs.
- personal expenses
Health insurance provided by ISA
A Blanket Accident and Sickness Policy is included in the price and covers the program participant while abroad for the official on-site period of program. This is not an optional benefit; every ISA participant will be covered by this policy. Coverage can be extended before or after a program, up to four weeks total. Students can extend their policy for $25 per week by contacting their Program Manager.
NOTE: Students participating in certain EuroScholars destinations may be required to purchase additional host country insurance for immigration purposes. For example, students studying/researching in Switzerland may need to purchase Swiss insurance to meet immigration standards.
We recommend that all program participants maintain comprehensive health insurance while abroad. This is particularly important if you have any pre-existing conditions, but is also beneficial if you have an injury or illness while abroad and require further treatment upon your return home. Consult with your current insurance provider to confirm coverage policies while traveling abroad. For more medical insurance information visit the ISA page.
EuroScholars Program Fee for continuing students:
- Students continuing for a 2nd semester in the same or another research project at the same host institution are entitled to receive a program fee reduction of € 2.000.
- Students continuing for a 2nd semester at another host institution, are entitled to receive a program fee reduction of € 1.000.
Additional Personal Costs
Depending on the host country, an additional amount of approx. € 450-500 per month should be anticipated (excluding health insurance and depending on individual spending habits). Please check the university “practical information” on the locations page for relevant information.